Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Lamb Shanks In Red Wine Sauce
One of our favourite meals are Lamb Shanks in Red Wine Sauce............ Real comfort food.
4 lamb shanks
salt n pepper
1 brown onion
2 celery stalks
1 cup red wine
1 bottle passatta sauce
1. Heat oil in frypan. Season flour with salt and cracked pepper. Coat lamb in flour.
2. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until browned. Remove from pan and set to one side.
3. Dice carrot and celery.
4. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is soft and clear. Remove from pan and set to one side.
5. Increase frypan heat and add red wine. Simmer for a few minutes then add Passatta sauce and onion, carrot, celery and garlic mix. Add lamb shanks.
6. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until lamb is tender.
You can also cook this dish in a slow cooker. Brown your shanks and then add everything into the slowcooker and enjoy later that day. Tastes delish no matter how you cook it.
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and lightly steamed green beans.