Friday, April 27, 2007

What's Been Happening

It's been busy the last few weeks, here is a quick catchup.....................

-Cassie my lovely SIL, rang from NZ asking what Kady wanted for her birthday (she is a lurker that hasn't left a message)


-Kady's rat is winning our hearts although I really didn't think I would ever like a rat.

-IT"S RAINING VERY LIGHTLY. Nothing much so far but you have no idea how cool it is too hear rain on our rooftops and even more so going into our tanks. It is so long since we have had rain.

-three weeks ago whilst on holiday I started walking many km's again to get rid of my chemo fat.
-I have walked 20 very hilly km's each week over the last 2 weeks (more whilst I was on holidays on sand)
-feeling much fitter although struggling with a funny throat issue this week and horrible side pain.


-Fire restrictions stopped in mid April so we could burn off once again. It is still very dry around where we live.

-My dear friend Sandra whom i have known since I was 21 years of age, was diagnosed with cancer. Sandra went in for a knee op and they ended up finding it in her lungs. What can I say CANCER SUCKS.

-And another story///////////////////////////I was asked to do a page in a quote album for Bridget who it terminally ill with cancer. She had two children. I found this the hardest task. Each step I connected with more than the previous. I cried, I got angry,I connected,in the end CANCER SUCKS.

I chose a quote

In the depths of Winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. - Albert Camus.

-I thought someone was breaking into the new car this week. Turns out when I switched the front light on that it was a Koala who thought he would climb up the wheel. Once I turned on the light he very slowly wandered off to the trees.


-I am really enjoying hearing the rain fall on the roof.


-received some cool photos from my SIL today of my brother and nieces. They are all growing up way too fast.


-our local country market is on tomorrow


-we watched Charlotte's Web this week and loved seeing all the local areas on film. So cool to see our hills and local areas being on the dvd.


Kady had her cervical cancer and hepatitis injections last week.


Leah did her school walkathon today.


-Wednesday we celebrated Anzac Day. My Grandfather fought in this war and it breaks my heart what they had to go through to survive.


-my new geese are slowly settling in. Reggie is trying to boss them about.


-My girls want to know when Nana is coming to stay for a week again. They miss her and we all enjoyed her staying.


-We are looking forward to spending time with Gus and Auntie Donna when Deni rolls around. We will be in the family area this year but helping out Dad and looking after D whilst Donna works.

Not long till my cousin Miche and Lee come to stay. Miche let us know what you are interested in seeing so we can book accomodation.


In August I will be teaching here at this retreat.


FLOREWEN SCRAPBOOK RETREAT
LAKE DEWAR LODGE, MYRNIONG
AUGUST 10TH – 12TH

FRIDAY 5.00 PM – CONCLUDES SUNDAY 4.00PM

COST $190.00
(INC. 5 MEALS – EXC. FRIDAY EVENING MEAL)

CLASSES/MAKE & TAKES WILL RUN THROUGHOUT
THE WEEKEND – NOT INC. IN COST ABOVE

Ph: Wendy 53675839

DEPOSIT $50.00 REQUIRED TO SECURE SPOT


Hope to see you here scrapping.

6 comments:

judee d said...

What a lot of news. It is fantastic that the rain is falling. Everyone our side of Melbourne, when you mention rain they say we need more. I didn't ever think that I would love the rain. Funny hey.
Glad to hear that you are walking, I do do more, I don't seem to have the time, I know that is an excuse but I feel so busy at the moment I just don't seem to have the time.
Sorry to hear about your friends diagnosis of cancer. I think Cancer sucks too. I loved the quote, very appropriate. I would have cried too.
Keep smiling and healthy
l
Judy

Anonymous said...

Was just thinking about coming down this week, was going to see if Doll and D wanted to fly down with me, it is 7 months since I was there.
We had fun and I loved being with you all.
Have to see if Doll can afford to fly down .
Have a great Bday Kady, I am working on a late on monday to 8 30, and then back at 5 oo so will be so tired.

judee d said...

Hi Dawn, sorry to do this to you, but I have just tagged you. See my blogg for details. It is quite interesting in what you can come up with.
Keep smiling and healthy
l
Judy

sollie said...

I live in the city Ieper (Ypres) and it's well known because of the first World War. We celebrated Anzac Day here too. There was a parade with music and soldiers.

Cass said...

Hi Dawn just dropping by to say hI, love to see a photo of your new Geese and that Reggie is keeping them in line LOL. Do you still have those little birds that run around in a circle what were they called? Glad to see you are getting back on track
all the best!
Cassxx

quiltingscraps said...

Busy times Dawn, It must be great to see all the local spots in charlotte's web in the movie, I was so excited when you showed me the farmhouse :-) Sad to hear about the kids asking about your nan coming to stay, I am still having some troubles believing that my oma has gone :-( Very cute Koala story!