Friday, November 17, 2006

A Little Trivial News

My hair is growing. Yes it is. Just a tad. Nothing major. Lets hope it doesn't fall out next chemo. I have heard it's meant to grow back approx 2 weeks before the next chemo. I am two weeks early lol

NO haircuts needed and no-one else can hardly notice. Some of the hair has a slight curl to it. I have to stand with head tilted on an angle in the mirror to see it. Something worth scrapping now isn't it.

I bumped into Trish today at my local scrap shop and she noticed my hair looks quite light(no shame here in lifting my hat to show anyone my bald head). I haven't really noticed a colour change but I have felt the peach fuzz returning in between the course yukky hair on top.

When you lose your hair I must say you really don't lose it all. WHY doesn't someone tell you this. It's like when you breast feed your first child. No one tells you how sore you may become.

Probably 20 or 40% of the hair, hangs around to see what is going on. Something I never knew. I always thought you lost the lot.

I have found the hair, especially on the top of my head is annoying. I wish it had fallen out with the rest. It digs into my pillow when trying to sleep. It is hard, not soft. The sides of my hair are much softer. Not sure why.

Maybe if I hadn't had J, shave my hair off to close to my head it would be different. I must say I pity all the guys that shave their heads. Do you get used to it. Well after months I haven't.
So prickley. Very annoying. Dig in the pillow type of annoying.

One benefit of hair loss is no shaving, waxing etc. Bliss. I have some hair growth but very minimal.

oh and my bushy eyebrows are returning. For years I considered plucking the heck out of them and now I am so glad I had bushy ones. They thinned out but now are growing back heaps. If I had had thin ones I would have had nothing left.

I am sure I will lose more with the next chemo on Tuesday but we will wait and see.

13 comments:

Liz said...

Dawn..wishing you all the best with your next lot of chemo...and I agree with you... Cancer sucks!!

Anonymous said...

good luck for tuesday Dawn.
Who cares if you have no hair, I think you look great the way you are.
Yes Cancer does suck.
I hate th eword, but there are lots of people with it.
When my mum had it, there was nothing they could do for her, we had to watch her fade away before our very eyes.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dawn's mum,

I had to watch my mum pass away with her cancer also.....not nice....my 4 boys were all so young and I helped my dad nurse mum at home for 18 months.SHe started with a melanoma on the leg and her cancer progressed very rapidly.

DAWN........I agree......Cancer sucks.......but you are one gutsy lady....where there's a will there's a way.....all the best for Tuesday. Is this the last one?

mick said...

we all wish you luck for tuesday Dawn....the way way you are writing you sound better lets get rid of that word for good xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Lyn, I found that it was so scary watching my mum die, I was only 21 and you did not hear much about it in those days.
One min she was there, and the next she was gone,only took 3 months for her to go, it seems like only yesterday when she went. on the 20th of nov she has been gone 35 years, Dawn was 19 months old.
Dawn will get through this she is a strong person, and so much can be done these days.
When I was at work the other day in the oncol ward there was a girl of 23 there with breast cancer,so young but she said she will fight it with all that she has got she seemed so strong I felt real teary when I was talking to her.

Anonymous said...

all the best for tuesday ,i remember the sore bits when i was breast feeding ouch that was a few years back lol well alot of years back ,,i say it again all our love for tuesday xxxxxx

Lynita said...

I agree Dawn. Why don't they tell you about the bits that don't fall out ? I had the hair dresser 'clean shave' - totally smooth, so when the new growth came through I wouldn't have to worry about all the longer coarser old hair. And mine was very blonde for the first few cms of growth - very cool, like I'd paid a fortune at the hairdresser for blonde tips.
Good luck with Tuesday, one more to cross off as done, never to be done again.

Anonymous said...

hi dawn good luck for tuesday i think you cope so well you make are problems seem minimal we all think of you take care love the logie clan

Anonymous said...

tomorrow will be 5 down, one to go
will be thinking of you as always.
Dylan was looking at your school pic last night, and he was smiling, as if he knows you quite well.
I said that is auntie Dawn, and he picked up the pic to have a closer look.
When this is all over, you will be sronger, and more beautiful than ever.
You are in my thoughts every day, could not wish for a more loving caring daughter than you are.Love you Dawn.
xxx

Anonymous said...

Be strong big sis. Hard to find words cause they are so hard to speak. I love u and think of u.

Anonymous said...

....sending positive vibes your way girl(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))...

Anonymous said...

Today Dylan went to play group for th efirst time.
Donna rang me to ask if I would go with her, I said no.
I can remember when you and Tony and Donna went to Kindy, I got so upset, had to go out side to calm down, when I looked in the window, you were playing with the other kids, I thought oh no, they have forgotten me all ready.
Went home and sat and watched the clock till it was time to pick you up, what a slow day that was.
The same when you went to school, I cried all the way home.

quiltingscraps said...

I agree cancer sure does suck! Sorry to hear about the prickly hair - that must be annoying!