Friday, October 06, 2006

Tuesday

Tuesday didn't go quite as planned. We headed off to Ballarat for me to have my third chemo session. Halfway through or so I thought. Mum and Dad dropped me off at the hospital and headed off to do some shopping and have lunch with Kady, Leah, Donna, Dylan and Tex. I waited for over an hour to see the oncologist before learning that chemo couldn't go ahead as my white blood cell count was only 0.8 (it should fall between 2 and 8). I was so disappointed as I really have to physch myself up for each treatment.

The oncologist has decided to give me a port as my veins aren't holding up at all. I am black and blue and feel so bruised along my arm. I will have the operation next Tuesday morning and then have chemo straight afterwards. Not a very pleasant day to look forward too. From now on I will see my GP the day after chemo and get a booster shot for my blood cells. Hopefully that will keep me on track to still finish before Christmas.

I arrived at the hospital for my 11 O'clock appointment and rang Dad at 1 O'clock to come and pick me up. We did a little shopping before heading off to my MIL's place. Dylan had a ball feeding the sheep, riding the ride on mower and running around. On the way home we stopped at St Anne's winery and stocked up on port. They make a lovely port called Redemption.






3 comments:

Paula... said...

Despite the disappointment of the chemo, it looks like everyone had a good afternoon. St Anne's looks beautiful - I've never been there :-P

Anonymous said...

keep your chin up ,xxx

Anonymous said...

we did have a good time.
We knew Dawn was disapointed about not having the chemo.
I wanted to hug her as she looked so sad, but she is so sore and tender.
I wanted to tell her every thing was ok like you do when they are small, and kiss it better.
Each time she has chemo she is one step closer.
Big hugs Dawn and lots of kisses
xxxxxxxxxxxxx