On the menu tonight is Mediterranean Meatloaf. The original recipe was from Super Food Ideas April 2006. I made a few changes mainly to the herbs and garlic.
1.5 cups brown rice
3 small red onions, grated
1kg of lean beef mince
4 carrots, grated
200grams of Danish Feta, crumbled
6 tablespoons of tomato sauce
5 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
3 eggs, lightly beaten
6 tablespoons of basil leaves, coarsely chopped
3 teaspoons of dried oregano
1 large zucchini, sliced thinly
500grams cherry or roma tomatoes (I used roma as they seem to have more flavour)
4 cloves of garlic (3 for the meatloaf and 1 clove for the tomato topping)
freshly ground black pepper
dried basil (to season the top)
olive oil cooking spray
1. Cook rice and allow to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease base and sides of ceramic dish and line with baking paper allowing the paper to hang over the sides.
3. Combine rice, onion, mince, carrot, feta, sauces, egg, basil, oregano and pepper into a bowl and mix well. Press into ceramic oven dish.
4. Place zucchini, tomatoes and garlic in a bowl. Spray with oil and mix through. Season with cracked pepper and dried oregano and basil.
5. Place mix evenly over the top of the meatloaf. Bake until cooked.
Here's a pic before going into the oven. This was easy to make and tastes divine.