Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday Morning Already

and finally today I have become to come out of the chemo fog and the steroids (or the two glasses of coke I drank) have kicked in.

Feels good to come out of the fog. Two more to go. Have no idea how I will get through them but I know I will. I have to. The countdown is on to Christmas and it will be a good feeling to have this leg of my journey over.

I felt this time was harder but really it was probably the same as number one and two and I had an easy number three which made this one seem worse. I ended up back in hospital on Wednesday night. My picc line filled with blood for some reason and I had to go and have it flushed with saline solution so that it wouldn't clot. The local hospital wouldn't touch me so we had to drive 50 minutes to the base hospital to have it done. Felt so guilty as poor Jason had just come home from work at 6.45 and then we were off to hospital without him even having a chance to eat tea. We didn't get home till close to ten.

Jason went fishing tonight with his brother and mate out on the bay and has just got home. No luck in catching anything worth keeping. The sea was a little rough so they were happy to come home.

I am sitting listen to John Nutting on Saturday Night Country on ABC radio. Great show. Ten till two every Saturday night. If you can't stay up that late you can catch Johnno and listen to the show hour by hour from Sunday onwards on the web. http://www.abc.net.au/snc/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn you are up early, I have been up since 3 30 getting ready for work.
Hope that you did not have a bad night.
We had a lot of rain here on sat, our new tank is now full yipie.
Love you mum.
xx

quiltingscraps said...

Glad to see that you are up and about Dawn, it must be dreadful feeling so drained! Just remember you are truly an inspiration and never cease to amaze me each day!!!

Anonymous said...

glad you are feeling better dawn look after yourself love from us all xxx ...happy fishing jason