Saturday, October 14, 2006

Bits And Pieces

A bit of spring colour in the garden. Love pansies when they are in flower. Such a pretty sight.

Leah loves to play in the cubby. Leah can spend hours sitting up here playing on her own or riding her bike around the block. Check out the little pram on the deck. I received this pram from Santa for Christmas 1973. It has been across the ocean and back three times from England to Australia and is still going strong.


All is well on the chemo front. As well as chemo can treat you. The nausea this time hasn't been quite as bad, not good but not as bad. Just a tad better than last time. The tiredness is a bit frustrating. I have slept away another few days. All good for the body I know but still it's annoying when you just wake up and your body needs to fall asleep again an hour later. Hoping today that the fog disperses and I get my appetite back and things begin to return to normal. Looking forward to a lamb roast on the webber tomorrow arvy. It's amazing how much I crave good food after hardly eating for days. One of my favourites when I get my appetite back for lunch is Lettuce, turkey breast and cranberry sauce on fresh bread or a roll. Making myself hungry just typing this.

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Hi Vicki, great to see another scrapaddict out there. How are those little cuties of yours going?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember when we bought that little stroller.
you were so good with your toys when you were small,even all of your books that Kady and Leah have used and still in good condition.
When we lefy the uk in 1974, we had to leave so much stuff behind Tonys big trucks and stuff your big teddy bears.
I am glad that you are feeling better today, hope that you get back your taste buds so you can eat.
Miss you love you
Thanks for a nice holiday.

Chris Millar said...

Wow, that's terrific that you still have the pram! I've still got all my books and puzzles from when I was a child. They are just so precious!

Anonymous said...

Love the pansy Dawn! My pansies aren't looking so good after being a bit neglected for a couple of weeks in which we had some very hot weather. I have them in 6" hanging polypipe at my backdoor.Although Tim remembered to water my hanging baskets for me while we were away I think he missed the pansies....oh well...I've completely soaked them now and added some Seasol...it does wonders to my plants.I might just have to purchase a few more if they don't survive.

quiltingscraps said...

So glad to hear that you are getting through the chemo Dawn. You keep on resting up, don't worry if you sleep the days away, your body is healing and working hard while you are sleeping!