Thursday, September 14, 2006

Day 2 Round 2

So far so good. Little to no nausea (doesn't get much better than that), it tends to come and go. The drugs at $50 a time are expensive (and killing the budget along with all the petrol to the hospital)but if it makes me feel better then bring them on.

No appetite, everything tastes horrible, salty but I am pushing myself to eat a little each mealtime. I am constantly thirsty which I suppose is good as that is pushing all the chemo through the system. This time I am so tired. More than tired. I am sure they slipped in some sleeping pills along with the chemo. I think it may be the anti nausea tablets that contribute to this. I slept most of yesterday on and off. Feel so lazy sleeping but for once in my life I am listening to my body and if it needs sleep then that is what I am giving it.

Two down, Four to go. Hoping the next few months fly and each treatment doesn't get any worse than this. Still looking out for some good hats. Not liking the bandana's at all.I just can't seem to get them to sit right. The other hats are so heavy and hot. I have been wearing one of Kady's sportsgirls caps and that is not too bad. Beanies and hats in the mornings to take the kids to the bus as it's still quite cool here.

Thanks for all the lovely comments. The support really helps more than you can understand. Lyn can you email me, I can't seem to find your email addy. We would love to visit the gardens in the Summer.

6 comments:

Ann Lederhose said...

You are right to give your body what it is crying out for. Indulge yourself Dawn, you deserve it! Hope you have a good day and the nausea continues to stay at bay

Anonymous said...

you are doing well darl...i agree indulge and spoil u ..xx

Anonymous said...

you go and spoil your self, if you need to sleep then sleep, if you dont want to cook then dont.
Let the other wait on you.
One of the nurses at wo rk has got cancer, and she asked me if I would like this pattern for this nice bandanna that she was wearing.
She is going to bring it in for me, maybe someone will be able to run it up on a machine for you.
She looked real nice it was like a hat, with a bandanna on it.
Dawn, could you ask the weather man to bring Sunshine and blue skys from the 26th,so I wont freze to death.
Is there anything you or the girls would like me to bring down apart from warm weather lol

Anonymous said...

hi just listen to what your body is saying ,relax, u were always rushing around when we were over there last year, thinking of u love from us all in england xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

It's nice to say I Surrender and accept that u are only u and not a dozen of u. One thing u've got going for u girl is that u will always have that Dawn strenght and endurance and It WILL see u through..
Thinking of u..Tony and the Tested Family

Paula... said...

Don't overdo things and yep def. listen to your body and rest if it needs rest. Your body is actually working really hard to repair itself whilst you're resting, so let it do it work :)