On the menu tonight was Butter Chicken and Tandoori Chicken. Both using recipes from when I did my Indian classes with the local doctors wife.
The tandoori recipe you can view here I make mine without any food colour.
2tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tsp tumeric powder
4 tsp chilli powder (according to taste)
4 tsp coriander powder
4 tsp garam marsala
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste
2 cups natural yoghurt
120grams unsalted butter
2 tsp cardamon powder
2 cinnamon sticks
4 bay leaves
2 large onions
100 gram cashews (raw or roasted)
6 tbsp tomato puree
4 chicken stock cubes or powder
4 tbs sweet paprika
250 ml thickened cream
fresh coriander leaves
1. Place chicken in a bowl and add all the marinade. Mix well and refrigerate for a few hours.
2. Reserve half the cashews and place the remaining cashews in a food processer and process until fine.
3. Heat oil and unsalted butter in a pot over medium heat. Add cinnamon and cardamon powder. Cook for a few seconds. Add the onion and bay leaves and cook until onion softens.
4. Add marinated chicken and cook for five minutes. Add cashew powder and chicken stock cubes. Cook until cooked through.
5. Stir in cream, coriander leaves and cashews.