This was a little bit of a cheat recipe. A cheat for me as I bought a ready made sauce. This is a really quick stir fry to make. This is one of those stirfries where you can throw in whatever quantity of vegetables you like.
-2 tbsp cornflour
-2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
-1kg beef (cut into strips)
- beef in black bean sauce (whatever brand you like use according to instructions)
-2 cloves garlic (cut finely)
-1cm piece of ginger (cut finely)
-1 chilli (cut finely, omit if you don't like chilli)
-1 large onion (sliced into wedges)
-handful green beans
-1 head of brocolli
-4 sticks celery
-raw cashews (as many as you like)
sesame and peanut oil
1. Marinate beef in rice wine vinegar and cornflour for 15 minutes or longer if you have time.
2. Heat a little sesame and peanut oil in a wok and cook beef in batches until just cooked. Remove from the wok.
3. Heat a little sesame and peanut oil and lightly saute ginger, garlic, chilli and onions until onions are translucent.
4. Add vegetables and saute for a few minutes, add black bean sauce and cook for another minute.
5. Add beef back into wok and add cashews. Stir to combine with sauce and vegetables.
6. Serve with Jasmine rice.
Everyone loved this but I made the mistake of using a marinade and not a sauce. Note to self, check the label next time lol as it was a little salty.