Monday, May 09, 2011

Zupa Kalafiorowa

For some reason I have 1.5 cauliflowers in my fridge this week. I used part of one for roast over the weekend but needed to use up the remainder before they went off. I decided to make a polish cauliflower soup.




Ingredients

1.5 Cauliflowers (cut into small florets)
5 Carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
5 Potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
2 large onions (roughly chopped)
salt and pepper
2 litres of vegetable or chicken stock (I used a combination as I had about 1/2 litre of chicken stock left from the other day)
2 egg yolks
cream (I used about a cup for this large pot of soup)
parsley

1. Add stock to large saucepan along with vegetables.

2. Boil away until all the vegetables are nice and soft.

3. Remove from the heat and blend to a smooth puree.

4. Season with salt and pepper

5. Whisk the egg yolks and add to the soup stirring continuously.

6. Add cream to lighten and flavour the soup. Stir through some chopped parsley.

Lovely on a cold wintery day like today.

No comments: