Thursday, November 16, 2006

Water Baby

Journaling reads

Living in Kingsthorpe we were lucky enough to have an above ground pool in our back yard. On two sides of the pool there was a wooden fence. Climbers and a beautiful passionfruit vine grew over the fence. On the other side of the pool was a bbq area. The pool had a wooden diving board. Dad used to dive into the pool and grab our legs under water.

Tony and I would spend hours playing in the pool and sometimes Mum would put Donna in with us. Tony and I used to throw her to each other and teach her to swim under water. Mum used to freak out on the edge of the pool yelling at us to stop. Donna used to laugh and laugh and want more. Donna had no other choice other than to become a little water baby.

The Acre, Kingsthorpe, 1980.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I looked at the pics, I could see D in Dolls face.
Where did the years go, you all grew up so fast and into such beautiful people.
I am so glad that you are all mine, life would not be the same with out you all in it. when you were all born I thought this is as good as life gets, you were all so perfect and dad and I could not belive that we had both made these beautiful people.

Unknown said...

Wonderful layout and journaling Dawn. This is something I really must do. I don't have a lot of childhood photos but I have memories that I want to scrap. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Lynn