Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Honey

I had a great day scrapping and relaxing today. I managed to do two layouts for KSK
http://www.karensscrappin.com.au/

as well as two simple childhood layouts plus another of Leah aged three. Will scan the others tomorrow.


It was cloudy and cool for a public holiday (not a great day for Melbourne Cup Day and all those women in strappy dresses and shoes). I told the kids that one year I went to the Melbourne Cup (hat included) and the Duchess of York was the guest for the day. They didn't believe me until I pulled out the photos including the cup winner crossing the line and a blurry Fergie in a passing car lol.

This layout is about two labs we owned when I was a kid. I took the photos myself in 1981 and 1984.


Journaling reads

Growing up we owned two golden labs. Our first lab Honey (pictured above) was bought whilst we were living at Southbrook. We bought Honey and one of her sisters, Darling from a breeder down the range. We ended up giving Darling away as 2 puppies were just too naughty together. I can still remember Darling pulling the washing off the clothesline. One morning Tony and I were going to collect milk from the cheese factory when sadly honey was knocked over and killed by a passing Walton's truck.

Honey the 2nd (pictured left) came along next. She moved from Southbrook to Kingsthorpe with us. I can remember her going next door during storms when we weren't home and sitting on Chamberlins front steps. They loved her as much as us. When we moved back to England, Honey naturally went to live with the Chamberlins. We hated leaving her but she was spoilt rotten with them. Even when we returned two years later, Honey was still happy living the good life.

4 comments:

Beck Family said...

Dawn, I am so glad that the ultra sound went well, but I am very sorry that you were in so much pain when the nurse hit the pic line. I hope you are feeling better today. I will show Kennedy the picture of Leah today...she will be so excited that she got it. Keep fighting and being strong!!! Love, VAL

Anonymous said...

what nice pics of Honey, I felt so sad when I saw them, and cried.
Such a lovely dog, when Donna was born she would sit near her pram and would not let any one go near the pram.

Anonymous said...

Yes well the love of dogs go's on your brother brought his new wolfhound yesturday. We are yet to bring her home but he is looking forward to it. Had a little win on Rock horse $25 lol had a great day with friends at the Toowoomba racecourse.

Anonymous said...

i think the love of dogs goes back to me dawn i love dogs.i have had dogs all my life, i will always have room for a dog in my house...anyway dawn you sound a bit better today..love from us all xxxxxx